Friday, November 12, 2010

What am I going to study?


By Nicole Cruces 


                Deciding what you are going to study is always a difficult question in life. When you leave high school you have to decide which course your life will follow. You have to decide, whether you are going to study something or not. If your answer is positive, you will have to deal with a lot of factors. Friends and family´s opinions are important factors in your decision. Some teenagers never study what they really want; because their families do not support them. On the other hand, your likes and your abilities are the most important factors. You have to think about these questions, what do you like? , and what can you do best? In my case, when I decided to study English it was a difficult decision that I had to take. Even though my knowledge of English was little, I decided to be brave and make my major effort in order to do what I really wanted. Now I can say that making big efforts is the best way to overcome your own obstacles. But, it is really important that you can enjoy studying what you really want, because if you do not, you are going to be unhappy and people are not going to get anything good from you. Psychologists are worried about this too, for example: María Soledad del Río, Psychologist from the Catholic University of Chile says: “Nowadays with many alternatives to study is more necessary in young people the need to choose a course of study with greater accuracy and safety”. Due to all these reasons, this big question has to be answered with carefulness and maturity in order to achieve your goals in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment