Friday, November 12, 2010

Vampire Life


By Leandro Sanchez


            Since I was a teenager, I have had problems to fall asleep. It started when I turned 13 years old, and it has been a nightmare. In simple words, what happens to me is that I cannot fall asleep during the night, so I am tired all day long, and if I have a day off, I use it to sleep, and not because I want to, but because I need to. I have to admit that I have tried everything: from counting sheep, to reading books; from blinking forty times, to taking a relaxing hot bath before going to bed. I even tried drinking a tepid glass of milk, and if there is something that I really hate, that would be milk! At some point, I got really tired of trying the natural tips, so my mom and I decided that it was time for me to visit the doctor, and he told me that I was suffering from insomnia, but neither of us was surprised, because it was the obvious answer. So he said that I needed to take pills and I accepted it, but I left the pills two months after, because I decided that it was not the kind of life that I wanted to live; I was not going to be a pill freak! Nowadays, I am just dealing with this disorder. I accepted the fact that I live like an owl during the night and a zombie during the day. I hope someday, or some night in my personal case, I will find the way to sort my problem out and start sleeping as normal people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment