Monday, November 8, 2010

Cerro Alegre, the most wonderful place to live

By Sebastián Araya


            Cerro Alegre is the most wonderful place to live. I know this because I lived all my childhood there and I knew every spot of it, and, since I left my home in Cerro Alegre, I realized that there is no place like this beautiful hill. Now I am living in Rodelillo, located at the top of Cerro Barón. The first difference that you can see is that you cannot walk anywhere you want. There are dangerous spots where people sell drugs. They fight rival gangs, and they shoot each other, whereas in Cerro Alegre, you can walk safely anywhere visiting all the touristic places that this hill offers. Another difference is that Cerro Alegre has excellent sightseeing places, where you can see the entire bay of Valparaíso. These places are amazing to watch the fireworks display on New Year’s Eve. You can see the fireworks in their entire splendor. However in Rodelillo, it is not the same situation. It does not have any sightseeing places. In fact , the only thing that you can see are hills. The last thing I am going to mention is that Cerro Alegre has amazing houses. Most of them were built by English settlers over a hundred years ago, so they have a lot of history and they have a British style, whereas in Rodelillo most houses were built  approximately twenty years ago and they are quite simple. As you can see, my current home has nothing better than Cerro Alegre. Now that I am living in Rodelillo I am capable to realize that Cerro Alegre is the most wonderful place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment