Monday, November 8, 2010

My Dearest Roommate


By Camila Contreras


                             Being really good friends doesn’t mean that you will be really good roommates, I realized that after I graduated from high school. In my first year of university, I lived with some friends from high school. We were close friends. However it wasn’t a good experience. If you plan living with your friends, the more prepared you are for the ups and downs, the better you will all feel. I had to go to the university in Playa Ancha, so I needed a place for living in Viña del Mar, so I decided to do it with my friends. We were four, Fernando, Luis, Marco and I. We were really good friends, thus sharing a flat or an apartment should not be a problem. Our decision was to live together in Viña del Mar. We found an apartment and we started living together. At first, everything was alright. But, after the first month, the problems started. My friend, Luis, was very messy, filthy and he never tidied up the apartment and, at the same time, he was always delayed with his bills. We did not say anything at the beginning because of our friendship, but then, one day, I arrived home earlier than I usually did and I found him eating and drinking our things with his friends from university; I felt betrayed and angry, now I think that event was the straw that broke the camel's back. The same night, we talked to him. We had an argument and finally, after a week of not talking with anybody, he decided to leave the apartment. Of course he never paid anything and from then on, we never talked to him again. My friendship with the rest continues until now. We always remember the problem; we think that the main problem was the lack of respect, and this situation helped me to think my decisions well before making them. I will always remember the lesson that I learnt, that being really good friends doesn’t mean that you will be really good roommates.

No comments:

Post a Comment