Friday, November 12, 2010

I Chose to Educate


By Vanessa Carvajal



I always thought that my calling was not to teach. Nevertheless, the experiences lived in my practicum have changed my way of thinking, and every time I feel stronger desires of turning not into a teacher, but into the best, with fresher ideas that will help to change what is established, and thereby, boys and girls will feel the English language closer in their lives, and not as something difficult to learn. As a practicum student, it has been very comforting at the end of the day to feel that I have delivered something of myself to the pupils of the school, whose behavior, maybe, has not been the best, but it helps me to learn techniques of group managing; they must see me as a teacher, and not as an equal young woman, and it is what has been the hardest for me: to be less friendly and become more strict with them, but I know that I still have lots of things to learn about my calling that I have lately found, but than makes me feel proud and happy. So now I can say that to teach is my vocation, and that is why I chose to educate!

No comments:

Post a Comment